Below is a list of items we are currently in need of or would like to update and replace. If you have items you would like to donate, we would love to hear from you! If you are unsure about the suitability of any item, have questions about how many we can use, or are interested in donating items not on this list, please give us a call.
We deeply appreciate and welcome financial donations in any amount to help sustain our program and be used in purchasing these items.
- Internal or External Frame Backpacks
- Pack Covers – Lightweight rain covers, designed to be used while you still have the pack on your shoulders.
- Sleeping Pads – A thin, simple “closed-cell” foam pad is ideal.
- Sleeping Bags – Must have nylon/polyester shell and liner (no cotton/flannel) and rated for 3-season or 15-35 degrees
- Water Bottles – lightweight 32 oz. aluminum or stainless steel preferred (not plastic/nalgene).
- Head Lamps – lightweight pivotable head lamp with adjustable head strap.
- Camp Lantern – lightweight, backpacking lanterns that use white gas or batteries.
- Backpacking Stove – lightweight stove designed specifically for backpacking that runs on white gas is ideal.
- Cook sets: Group – Lightweight stainless steel set that has two larger pots (3 or 4 Liter) and a fry pan that nest inside each other for easy storage.
- Cook sets: Personal – Lightweight, stainless steel nesting mess kits with plate, bowl, cup that can handle hot liquids.
- Winter Weather Boots – Durable waterproof boots such as Sorels or L.L. Bean brand of all sizes mens and womens
- Wool Socks
- Waterproof Mittens and/or Mitten Shells – As opposed to gloves with individual finger slots
- Sport Style Climbing Harnesses
- Climbing Helmets
- Locking Carabiners
- Belay Devices
- Climbing Ropes
- Gris gris
- Climbing shoes (all styles and sizes)
- Dry bags – small – 35 Liter capacity with tie-down points.
- Whitewater Kayaks – single person with paddle and spray skirt
- Sea Kayaks – single and double person with paddles and spray skirts (if applicable)
- Fishing gear
- Sailboats – Lasers, sunfish, 420s, etc. with all necessary gear and in fairly good working order
- Windsurfers – with all basic gear and in good working order
- Dry bags – large – 70 Liter capacity with tie-down points.
- Rescue throw rope – 50 foot.
- Life jackets/vests – Universal 30-52” chest sizes. Over the shoulder vest Type III PFDs. Zip-up front style (rather than straps with clasps) preferred.
- Paddles – Straight Shaft (12: Eight 5’7”, Four 6’0”) – Lightweight, wooden.
- Paddles – Bent Shaft (6) – Lightweight, wooden.